Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Official!

Today is my birthday and it was a perfect day. First of all I am with my love, Rhett in my favorite city, Paris! We started the day having coffee in Montmartre at the Deux Moulins where the movie Amelie was filmed - yes touristy I know but we liked it.




Then we walked around the artist's area called Place du Tertre and took some photos at this famous picturesque spot:

We then ventured to Pere Lachaise which is a famous cemetery in Paris where over 800,000 notable people are buried - one of the most visited (at least by Americans) is the site of Jim Morrison. Here is Rhett's zombie impression and then I made him do a rock-n-roll pose in front of Jim Morrison's grave:

Before dinner we took a boat cruise on the Seine River which was so dreamy..


We finished off the evening with a scrumptious dinner at a Thai restaurant across from the Palais Royal. Rhett then suggested that we take a walk down to the river and stroll across my favorite bridge - Pont des Arts. We were happy and laughing - the sun was setting, the Eiffel Tower was lit up in the distance and Rhett got down on his knee and asked me to marry him! I got all teary and of course said YES!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our engagement photo:

We celebrated afterwards with tea and pastries. It was a perfect day and we are so grateful and happy to have found each other.

More adventures to come..

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! Raj and I are so happy for you both. You are both wonderful and will continue to live a great life together. Much love and congratulations to you both. xo, Kelly (and Raj)

Sarah said...

Yay!! Even I got teary just reading about it!! I am so thrilled for you both. I'm so glad you were able to find each other. Yay!!

The General said...

So happy!! Congrats!! Yay!

Alandra said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you both and can't wait to celebrate with you in person.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you both!! You both look wonderful!!
Ali, Happy Birthday to you!!
Love, Hyeonju

For Dogs, LLC said...

Alison and Rhett,
Congratulations!!!!!! Jim and I are so happy for you!!!! You two light up Seattle (and Paris) with your love!

I will let you guys tell Bisou! I can't wait!

Cindy and Jim

Sarah said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I had a feeling when I heard you were headed off to Paris. :) SO VERY happy for you two! ~ Sarah Karr

Jody said...

I could not be happier for you!!!! Just so excited that such a wonderful thing happened for such a wonderful person. Dear friend, thank you for sharing such lovely news!!

Unknown said...

Ha! Engaged just in time for the 3rd wheel to come spoil the party!!! (insert evil laugh here) - just think of me as the photographer.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you, A!! Happy memories of when you first met and love the fact that you are in your happy place in Paris!! :) xoxo Hol

Nicole said...

Congrats Alison and Rhett!!!! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to celebrate with you!!!!
Nicole