Here are some pics of King Jongjo's Royal procession at Changdeokgung Palace:
Changdeokgung Palace was originally built in 1405 as a secondary palace and became the primary palace in 1896. Like all Joseon palaces, it has a mountain behind it and a small stream in front for good feng shui!
Walking around the palace:
Taking in some museum time at the National Museum of Korea:
My parents treated us to a traditional Korean dance/musical performance at the Korea House. The show included court dances, pansori (Korean opera), fan dance, a spiritual shamanist dance, female drummers and samullori (traditional farmers' dance). Here is a shot of us with some of the troupe members after the show:
Getting in our workout by hiking up the hundreds of steps to the Seoul Tower:
1 comment:
Hi there,
This is Diana's mother Carol.
I am so thrilled that Diana has made this trip to Korea. I'm sure she is learning a lot about her birthplace. I am loving the pictures and stories on your blog.
I sure worry about her. She will always be my baby. *L*
Tell her I love her and I miss her. Can't wait till she comes home and tells me and her daddy of her experiences. Thanks for inviting her to your parents home.
Have fun girls and be very careful.
Post a Comment