We arrived in Saigon very late on Friday evening. They say that May is the hottest month in Vietnam and I can certainly believe it! It seems I will be in a constant state of perspiration while I am here but I am prepared to deal with it! I am very lucky to have lovely friends to stay with while in Saigon. My sister's dear friend Gloria and her husband Keith recently relocated to Vietnam for a few years as Keith works for Nike. They have a very large and comfortable apartment in the center of the city. They even have a personal driver whom we were fortunate enough to meet yesterday. He was so kind to drive us around the city for sightseeing. Saigon is a bustling city and the main tourist sights can be seen within a day. I find that the most fascinating aspect of the city is the intricate flow of the motorbike traffic. My friends Sarah and Tyler were just here a few days ago and Tyler really has a perfect description of what it is like.
Click here to read his blog entry. You really have to see it to get an appreciation for it!
It was so fun to spend the day with Gloria and hear about her experiences adjusting to a new country. She is one of those people who always exudes positivity and is such a joy to be around.
Here are some pics of our day yesterday:

In front of the central market. Gloria has made friends with one of the stall workers who gave Diana a great discount on a cute little basket bag.

Inside the Post Office / Outside the cathedral and Opera House

Gloria sipping coconut juice

Evening drinks with Keith and Gloria at the Saigon Saigon bar

Motorbikes!
Mr. Thun: Gloria and Keith's driver
Our next stop: Mekong Delta!
No comments:
Post a Comment