Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ahhh Ip-poh-dah!!!!! (Translation: sooo pretty!)

One of the things I like to do when traveling abroad is to watch the local tv shows. It often makes for a fascinating mini-anthropological study. While I have previously observed that many Korean women choose to have plastic surgery, it seems that it is becoming the norm especially for all the entertainers. I am mesmorized by the flawless complexions, doe-eyes, perfect noses and super-model figures of women and men alike. It is undoubtedly intimidating for those of us who have retained our original biological features and also somewhat disturbing as it can feel quite 'stepford like'. Here is an interesting article to further explain:
http://www.seoulstyle.com/art_plasticFantastic.htm

On a more juvenile note, here is a link to the top 10 pop chart:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that flawless complexion of yours doesn't just come from your mom, it's also a wonderful Korean attribute! Ah ha!