Hul-Mon-Nee
One of the main reasons I wanted to come to Korea is to spend time with my grandmother. Can you believe that she is 93 years old? She is so cute, strong and healthy. I am so impressed because she looks 20 years younger than she is. We visited her this week in her apartment. She gets along quite well on her own but her children often look in on her and prepare her food. She was happy to see me and was so happy to receive the money that Iris, Vince and I gave her. She told me about her routine during the day and she is an expert on all the popular shows. She especially enjoys watching the cooking programs which doesn't surprise me since she is an excellent cook. In fact we have all greatly benefited from her cooking since she passed on her expertise to my mother. Unfortunately the cooking talents seems to have skipped our generation (no offense siblings but you have to admit we just can't cook like them)We asked her what she wanted us to bring back for her from our trip to China. She told us a story about when she was a little girl, her brother's friend brought her some cookies from China. She said they were so delicious and she would very much like to have those. Hmm, cookies from some unknown place in China that were sold over 70 years ago. That's a tall order but at least she knows what she wants!
1 comment:
She really looks great! I hope that we could come and see her too. I cannot believe she's 93years old. Friend of mine told me yesterday, her 78 year old-mother-in-law is having hard time remembering things and so fragile to move around.
Post a Comment