Saturday, April 14, 2007

Shameless addiction


Having just finished a long stint with the international group at Starbucks, I am shamelessly excited whenever I spot a Starbucks in Seoul. There are literally hundreds I think but I'm sure that someone from HQ can confirm the actual store count (Brian or Ken - care to assist??) :) My parents have started to treat each Starbucks sighting as a sort-of 'slug-bug' type of exclamation. "Look Starbucks, Starbucks!" they yell and point to make sure that I see it even when I am standing right in front of one.

We enjoyed lovely latte's today at the Co-ex mall in Jamsil. I am happy to report that the store was immaculate, the baristas were cheerful and the service was delivered with the usual speed that I am accustomed to. Nice work Store Ops!!

Here's to all my friends at Starbucks!!

Link to Starbucks Korea:
http://www.istarbucks.co.kr/

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Out of fear for too much Nescafe, I've actually (shockingly!) made the switch to tea. I think it helps that while travelling I'm getting plenty of rest and don't need the usual caffeine rush... And we've only seen a few Starbucks thus far.

Sarah said...

Hi! In Tasmania, the Starbucks included local lingo on the menu (flat whites and long blacks). Were there any similar modifications or differences for Korean Starbucks?

Anonymous said...

I do believe your love of Starbucks began long before your stint at the company. I seem to recall a side trip you took to Switzerland just to go to Starbucks... Miss you and I love your blog! So nice to see what you're up to. It's been far too long. Happy travels! Jody